Go Communicator PC client
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2022 Desktop Experience Edition
- Windows Server 2019 Desktop Experience Edition
- Windows 11
- Windows 10 (1809 or higher)
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 1.8 GHz Pentium-class processor
- SVGA display
- 2GB Memory
- 1GB free hard drive space
- Network adapter connected to a TCP/IP network
- Keyboard and mouse
Skype for Business
- Skype for Business 2015 and 2016 client
|Browser||Supported versions||Extension / Add-on|
|Microsoft Edge Legacy (PC)||87.X||Telephone Number Detection 1.2.5|
|Google Chrome (PC||86.X||Telephone Number Detection 1.2.5|
|Mozilla Firefox (PC)||86.X||Telephone Number Detection 1.2.5|
|Opera (PC)||72.X||Telephone Number Detection 1.2.6|
- .NET 4.5 Framework (required and shipped with software)
The proxy server is supplied as a Node.js application. The Node.js runtime is cross-platform compatible and the application can run on both Windows and Linux servers. The proxy server should be configured with a custom URL and Mondago can provide basic test tools for set up.
Recommended server specification:
- For the first 25k clients: 2.3GHz dual core server with 4GB RAM.
- For every additional 25k clients: Add an extra core and 2GB RAM to the minimum specification.
These specifications should generally translate across Azure, AWS and Google Paas/IaaS services and standard VMs.
There are no inherent design limitations on the maximum number of clients the proxy server can handle given enough compute power. The proxy uses concurrent, persistant, secure WebSockets to connect to the clients, so the server environment must be capable and configured to allow the number of connections required. The proxy performance is memory bound with the number of concurrent connections achievable scaling directly with memory available, each additional GB enabling around 13k additional clients. CPU usage is less determinant, but the specifications above should be able to handle expected peak data flows.